Log Cabin® Syrup Roasted Tomato Spread on Crostini
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 250° F.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise and place in bowl.
- Combine Log Cabin Syrup, balsamic vinegar, thyme and garlic in bowl. Pour over tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Place tomatoes, cut side up, on baking sheet and roast for approximately 2 ½ hours (slow and low cooking will allow the tomato to slowly caramelize and also ensure the syrup does not burn)
- Remove tomatoes from sheet and place in bowl.
- Add any sauce from the baking sheet on top of the tomatoes
- Serve on toasted Crostini.